Product overview: Fluke 279 FC True-rms Thermal Multimeter
Fluke 279 FC Wireless True-RMS Thermal Digital Multimeter
The 279 FC multimeter is a full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager that reveals hot spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely.
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, and detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches. Scanning with the 279 FC’s thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, this thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
This digital multimeter is compatible with iFlex® (a flexible current clamp) to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC). This electrical multimeter has a large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings.
The 10 hour+ rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
Communicate your results
With built-in Fluke Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
Other useful features
- Full-featured electrical multimeter with built-in thermal imager
- 15 measurement functions including: voltage ac and dc, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, Min/Max/Avg, current ac with included iFlex current probe, frequency
- Low-pass filter for troubleshooting adjustable speed drives Thermal imaging reveals hots spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely
- Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity – no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera – so you can do more in less time!
- iFlex expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A ac)
- Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet / 6.1 m away (no obstructions)
- 102×77 image resolution offers immediate visual cues of hot, potentially troublesome areas
- 3.5 in /8.89 cm color LCD screen
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours) under normal conditions; a second battery option means you will always have a battery ready to install.
- Three year standard warranty
- Auto power off to save battery power
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
- Designed for durability, built to withstand a 1 m (3 ft) drop, double insulated with raised rubber holster for increased protection
- 279 FC TRMS Thermal Multimeter
- 45.72 cm (18 in) iFlex Flexible Current Probe
- (1 pair) TL175 Test Leads
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
- Soft Carrying Case
- Hanging strap